1:00 pm - General Guild meeting, in the Meeting Room at the Enumclaw Library, 1700 1st. St.
* Reminder - if you took the small kits for the Arts Alive! raffle quilt, don't forget to return the finished kits at the March meeting.
* Reminder - don't forget to sign up at the meeting to put your quilts into our quilt show.
Saturday, March 8 - International Women's Day
Sunday, March 9 - Daylight Savings Time begins.
Wednesday, March 12 - 3:00 pm - Quilt Show Committee meeting @ Mountain Meadows Mobile Home Park in the Park Hall.
Saturday, March 15 - International Quilting Day!
Friday, March 21 - 1:00 pm. Guild Workshop. Location will be at Heavenly Quilts and Fabrics, 135 Jefferson Ave., Buckley. Sharon will be teaching the Scrappy Trips quilt. (see the workshop info below)
Supply List for March "Scrappy Trips" Workshop
This can be a totally scrappy quilt, because everything works in this one! Or, you can choose to go with a color scheme or a theme. Just make sure to have a variety of lights, darks and mediums. Keep in mind, when selecting your fabrics, GOOD CONTRAST is needed to show this pattern well.
You will need:
2 ½” strips X 16” minimum length - You can use a Jelly Roll, scraps or fat quarters. If cutting a FQ, cut on the 18” side. You can do every strip a different fabric, or you can repeat fabrics throughout the quilt. If you cut from yardage, you will get 2 strips from a width-of-fabric cut.
Each block takes 6 strips:
12 blocks make a quilt 36” x 48” (crib quilt size) - 72 strips needed
16 blocks make a 48” square quilt – 96 strips
* 24 blocks make a 48” X 72” quilt – 144 strips (correction from newsletter)
You will also need:
Thread and bobbins (if going scrappy, grey or tan blend well)
Ruler at least 12” long
Sharp rotary cutter
* Seam ripper
* Necessary to do this pattern
For inspiration on fabric and color choices, and setting ideas, look at this Pinterest Page.
* Don't forget to wear your name tag! We want to know who you are. (There will be a 25 cent fine for members who have forgotten their name tag.)
* Remember - you can subscribe to Crystal Quilters blog updates by email. See the widget on the right-hand side bar near the top. When you subscribe, you'll get an email reminder that there is a new post here.
If you need further information on anything, please click on the highlighted "No comments" below to leave a message, including your email address, and someone will get back to you shortly. If it is urgent, please leave a phone number where you can be reached and someone will be in touch soon.